APPLE AND CARROT MUFFIN COATED WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 70g reduced calorie sugar
- 120g peeled and ripe banana (1 unit)
- 100g peeled and grated red apple (1 unit)
- 145g peeled and grated carrot (1 medium)
- 1 scoop of onest vanilla whey protein
- 80g apple pure
- 120ml milk
- 2 egg beaten
- 130g spelt flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 0.4g cinnamon powder
- 0.2g ginger powder
- 0.6g baking soda
- 0.1g salt
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 80ml Double Cream
- Pre Heat the oven 190C.
- Melt the Coconut oil and add the mashed banana, stir to combine.
- Add the apple pure, apple, carrot, eggs, milk and combine until all well mixed.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, sugar, cinnamon, onest whey protein, ginger, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the wet and dry mixture.
- Fill each muffin case to the top with the mixture and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (until golden brown you can stick a knife in and it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Put a pot with water to build at medium heat.
- In a bowl that fits the pot without touching the water add the chocolate broken in pieces.
- Let it melt completely stirring with a spatula.
- When the chocolate it totally melted remove from the heat and slowly add the cream.
- As soon the cream is totally incorporated to the chocolate you can cover your muffin with the sauce.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes to the sauce set on top of the muffins.