APPLE AND CARROT MUFFIN COATED WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 70g reduced calorie Sugar
- 120g peeled and ripe Banana (1 unit)
- 100g peeled and grated red Apple (1 unit)
- 145g peeled and grated Carrot (1 medium)
- 1 scoop of Onest Vanilla Whey Protein
- 80g Apple pure
- 120ml Milk
- 2 Egg beaten
- 130g spelt Flour
- 50g ground Almonds
- 0.4g Cinnamon powder
- 0.2g Ginger powder
- 0.6g Baking soda
- 0.1g Salt
- 50g chopped Walnuts
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 80ml Double Cream
- Pre Heat the oven 190C.
- Melt the Coconut oil and add the mashed Banana, stir to combine.
- Add the Apple pure, Apple, Carrot, Eggs, Milk and combine until all well mixed.
- Mix the Flour, ground Almonds, Sugar, Cinnamon, Onest Vanilla Whey Protein, Ginger, Baking soda and Salt together.
- Combine the wet and dry mixture.
- Fill each Muffin case to the top with the mixture and sprinkle with the Walnuts.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (until golden brown you can stick a knife in and it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Put a pot with water to build at medium heat.
- In a bowl that fits the pot without touching the Water add the Chocolate broken in pieces.
- Let it melt completely stirring with a spatula.
- When the chocolate it totally melted remove from the heat and slowly add the cream.
- As soon the cream is totally incorporated to the Chocolate you can cover your Muffin with the Sauce.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes to the Sauce set on top of the Muffins.