5 STEPS TO BURNING FAT FAST IN 2021
It’s a New Year, and chances are you’ve set yourself a goal to get in shape in 2021…
It may seem like a difficult feat, but remember it doesn’t have to be a daunting change. It’s important to remind yourself weight loss isn’t only about what’s reflected on the scales.
There are a number of powerful steps you can take right now to all but guarantee your success!
Here are 5 simple steps you can take to burn fat fast this year:
1. Define your goals
Start by creating a “big picture” goal of the most important goal you want to achieve this year. Do you want to get into an old pair of jeans that no longer fit? Do you have an event you want to look your best for? Or do you have a specific "look" you'd like to achieve so when you see yourself in the mirror every morning you say "WOW!"...
Take this big goal and chunk it down into monthly or even weekly targets you need to achieve to make this big goal become a reality.
Try making your goals as detailed and specific as possible, a good structure to use is SMART:
- S - Specific
- M - Measurable
- A - Attainable
- R - Relevant
- T - Time bound
Take your big goal and your smaller “sub-goals” and ensure they all have the vital SMART points above associated with them!
2. Create a simple meal plan
Planning out your meals each week can help in various aspects of your life:
- Better Time Management: no more last minute trips to the shops and reduce the amount of time wandering around the supermarket or the time it takes each day thinking about what you’ll have for dinner
- Helps with Portion Control: prepping in advance helps to manage portion sizes which means you’ll be less likely to overeat
- Reduces Food Wastage: by only buying what you need and using the ingredients when they’re fresh you’ll help reduce the amount of food which goes to waste each week
- Saves Money: reducing impulse buying of unnecessary groceries at the shops will help save you money
- Enjoy More Variety: when we are busy, it can be easy to fall into the rut of always eating the same things. Meal planning helps to ensure you’re eating a variety of well balanced meals
3. Scheduling in your workouts
There are several key benefits to planning your workouts:
- By adhering to a schedule, it should be easier to find motivation. Look a week in advance and visualise how it will feel to have completed all those workouts. Do this for every week to help keep motivation levels high. A schedule will also help minimise the risk of procrastination.
- By scheduling your workouts, there is more room to develop a balanced workout routine which includes; strength, flexibility and cardio training each week
- You can commit to more things. Once one area of your life becomes organised and scheduled, you can see the gaps where you may have free time, but also it highlights the potential for other areas of your life to become organised.
Be sure to tailor your workouts to suit your specific needs. Take into consideration any commitments you may have on any given day before scheduling sessions. Also, make sure you take rest days as this is a vital time for your muscles to rest and recover.
4. Get accountability
Studies have shown people are more likely to stick to a weight loss program if they have someone doing it with them.
Find an accountability partner or friend who may have the same goal for the new year and exercise with them. Working out with another dedicated individual can help you stay consistent with your exercise plans and make the whole experience more fun and enjoyable. Be sure to find someone who is positive, realistic and optimistic about their weight loss journey.
At Onest, we have created a Facebook group where we all keep each other accountable and motivate one another to get back on track and achieve our fitness goals.
5. Measure and track your progress
Tracking progress is crucial if you want to achieve your goals this year. Although don't stress about the results you see on the scales every day. The scales WILL fluctuate and this is completely normal... expect it! Instead, focus more on taking weekly or fortnightly photos and body measurements.
This will allow for easier modifications and show when and where changes need to be made. Progress can be extremely motivating and will further reinforce why you are making the changes you are.
Tracking progress also assists in keeping yourself accountable.
Make sure you reward yourself for all the progress you’ve made; could be a dress you’ve been eyeing off or a weekend away with your partner. Just remember one little slip up doesn’t derail all the hard work you have done, so keep persevering until all your goals have been achieved.
Still need an extra helping hand?
If you’ve been keeping to a strict routine and still not seeing all the progress you would have liked, you may be in need of an extra helping hand. Here’s where HyperBurn comes in.
HyperBurn was developed as a powerful thermogenic fat burning powerhouse with ingredients designed to supercharge your metabolism and attack your stubborn fat from every angle. This may be the little extra boost you need to achieve your 2021 dream body.
Posted in: All, Health, Joint Pain, Muscle Recovery, Nutrition, Nutritional Advice, Performance, Supplements, X-Factor